Good Garages & Exteriors specializes in both garage and home exterior construction.
We specialize in all exterior repairs and replacements. We take the same pride in making a minor repair as we do in replacing entire roofs, windows, siding, entry doors, etc. Our experience, knowledge, and integrity makes Good Garages your local Cincinnati exterior specialist.
Too often, we come across scenes described by these pictures taken during previous jobs at homes that are only a couple of decades old. Unfortunately, this damage is created over years of leaking due to improper flashing, sloping, materials, and methods. Often, the leak starts as soon as the material is installed. Good Garages installs the materials on your home the correct way while taking additional precautions to protect your home. This can prevent unwanted expensive repair cost and lead to longer material life, which means fewer materials in the landfills and more money in your pocket.
Common Home Repairs/Replacements:
- Leaks around the pipes, gutters, step flashing (where roof meets walls), chimneys, and kick out flashing (where the roof stops and the wall keeps going)
- Full roof replacements when wanting to update the look of a home or if the shingles are past their life expectancy, storm damage, improper installation from a previous installer. Check out our Roofing Page for more information.
Siding & Trim Repairs/Replacement
- Blown off vinyl siding or metal coil on trim, melted vinyl near cook grills, cedar wood rotted siding and trim usually on chimneys, around windows, above decks, above roof lines, along grade, near the transition to other cladding materials like brick, and around gutters.
- Full siding replacements when wanting to change the look of the exterior of the home, create less maintenance, and improve the function of the siding caused by excessive rot, no WRB (Water-Resistant Barrier) behind the siding, previous fiber cement siding that was defected, vinyl siding that is faded or warped. Check out our Siding Page for more information.
- Windows need replaced when they are leaking, wanting to improve performance, ​​​update look, or no longer function properly. Check out our Windows Page for more information.
- Good Garages does not do window repairs, nor do we have someone we recommend at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Garage Door Replacement
- Often, homeowners replace when they want to update the style, damage to the door has occurred (car has back into it), sagging of the panels as occurred, wants to make a garage into a work shop and wants a insulated door, or a door has been painted and it is failing. Check out our Garage Door Page for more information.
Entry Door Replacement
- Doors need replaced when they are leaking, wanting to improve performance, ​​​update look, or no longer function properly. Check out our Entry Door Page for more information.
- Good Garages does not do door repairs, nor do we have someone we recommend at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Replacing 5″ with 6” gutters to prevent water overflow and larger outlet for fewer gutter cleanings. Depending on your surroundings, installing a gutter guard can be a very proactive approach to having properly functioning gutters without cleaning them out multiple times per year
- Unfortunately, most leaks are not realized until they have done damage to the structural wood around the leak. When fixing any leak, it should be reviewed if any structural components were compromised and need replaced.
Chimney Caps Replacement
- This component of your exterior is often neglected and is the main source of leaks in the chimney.